Printer still reading “low toner”
Reset the low toner message for DCP/MFC Monochrome printers
1. Open the front toner compartment door.
2. The printer screen should read “front cover is open”
3. press the “clear” button on the printer’s front panel.
4. Printer will say “Replace Drum?”
5. Here do not press 1 but instead type in “*00″ on the keypad. Star zero zero.
6. The screen will say “Accepted”. Close the door and it will reset
the low toner message.
Reset the low toner message for HL Series printers
2. Turn off printer
3. While holding down the GO button, turn printer back on
4. When all four LEDs light up release GO button. All LEDs will turn off
5. Press the GO button 2 times. The 3 LEDs (toner, drum, paper) will light up
6. Press the GO button 5 times
7. Paper light will be blinking
8. At this point the toner end-of-life condition has been reset. Close front
*Also, just a reminder, timing is important here so don’t pause between button